Total Quality Management (TQM) Seminar
May 23, 2014
9am – 5pm
Vivere Hotel, Alabang
Fee: Php 5,500.00 / person plus 12% VAT
- Early Registration Payment: Ten-Percent (10%) Discount if PAID thirty (30) days before the training date
- Group Discount: Five-Percent (5%) on Three (3) or More Participants
Total Quality Management, TQM, is a method by which management and employees can become involved in the continuous improvement of the production of goods and services. It is a combination of quality and management tools aimed at increasing business and reducing losses due to wasteful practices. This course focuses on total quality management concepts, methodologies and practices of services and manufacturing industries. Topics like organizational; and cultural aspects of total quality management associated with implementing quality systems, communicating the quality message, team building, training and learning will be addressed.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Define key concepts related to Total Quality Management (TQM).
- Identify the benefits of Total Quality Management (TQM).
- Identify the steps of the Total Quality Management (TQM) process cycle.
- Identify the tools used to measure the output of the process cycle.
- Identify the various facets of benchmarking.
- Identify the contributions of the various Total Quality Management (TQM) founders.
- Identify key characteristics of the Baldrige Award.
Who must attend:
The Total Quality Management (TQM) course is intended for professionals dealing with management, engineering, and decision-making in both products and services sectors that will maintain continual improvements. Participants from governmental organizations (local administrations, national agencies), non-governmental organizations and the private sector are encouraged to join especially those interested to win national or global prizes on quality such as: Deming, Malcolm Balridge National Award, EFQM, King Abdullah II For Excellence.
- Topic 1: The total quality approach to quality management
- Topic 2: Customer satisfaction, retention and loyalty
- Topic 3: Employee empowerment
- Topic 4: Leadership, Team building and Teamwork
- Topic 5: Metrics, Quality Improvement and Tools
- Topic 6: Quality function deployment
- Topic 7: Benchmarking
- Topic 8: ISO 9000, Malcolm Baldrige Award, Lean- Six Sigma and TQM
Engr. Ariel Driz graduated with a degree of Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communication Engineering (BSECE) from De La Salle University, He served 25+ years in High Technology Industries (including Motorola- 13 years, International Rectifier- 8 years).
Areas of his expertise includes: Six Sigma, Process Improvement (Lean Concepts, Value Stream Mapping, Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis), Total Quality Management (TQM), Product Engineering, Test Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations Management, Quality (ISO 9000 and QS 9000), Change Management, Strategy Development and Execution, Information Technology, Logistics-Supply Chain Management and Project Management.
He is a Certified Master Lean -Six Sigma Black Belt and Certified Lean-Six Sigma Master Instructor (Six Sigma Experts and pioneered ISO and QS 9000 certification activities and Six Sigma for Final Test Operations of Motorola Philippines Inc., he has extensive training in Motorola LTDO-USA on Six Sigma Test Quality Controls and ISO compliance and a worldwide head of Six Sigma Test Quality/Test Escapes Taskforce at Motorola (USA, Korea, Philippines, Hongkong, Philippines, Malaysia, Taiwan, UK/Scotland, France and Mexico).
Championed ISO 9001 Certification of Best Electronics (BECCI) as Quality Head and Quality Management Representative (QMR). Also QMR at Cirtek Electronics and served as VP for QA and IR-Captive Line.
Coached and Advised more than 10 Award-winning (Local and Global) Six Sigma Teams at Motorola. Coached/Advised 4 Worldwide Gold Medal Awardees for the Motorola Six Sigma Total Customer Satisfaction Competition.
As a technologist, his technical work consistently presented and published in the annual Association of Semiconductors Electronics Engineering Symposium (ASEMEP).
Currently a Training Consultant for Project Management, CMMI/ISO/Quality Management, Team Lead fi multinational companies.
Banco de Oro (BDO)
Account Name: AGUILA GROUP COMPANIES (AGC) DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
Account Number: (Peso) 00 222 800 0844
Bank Address: East Mansion Townhouse, Elisco Road, Sto Rosario, Pateros
Swift Code: BNORPHMM