API 570, Piping Inspector Certification Course
June 17-21, 2013 (Courses Date)
September 25, 2013 & December 4, 2013 (Exams Date)
8:30am – 5:30pm
Pasig Ortigas Center, Philippines
Fee: Course Fee: USD1,300.00 + 12% VAT
Exam Fee: USD1,200.00 + 12% VAT
Course and Exam Fee: USD2,250.00 +12% VAT (with 10%discount)
NOTE: FOR STUDENTS WHO WISH TO APPLY FOR PAY-LITE WITH PAYMENT TERMS, KINDLY CALL OUR OFFICE FOR PAYMENT BILLING ARRANGEMENT.
- Early Registration Payment: Ten-Percent (10%) Discount if PAID thirty (30) days before the training date
- Group Discount: Five-Percent (5%) on Three (3) or More Participants
Objective of the Course:
The main emphasis of this programme is on promoting safety and maintaining optimal performance through the use of inspectors specialised in process piping systems. It provides the oil, gas and petrochemical industry with the assurance that piping inspectors trained and certified under this internationally recognised programme have the required knowledge and experience for the job in the field.
Course participants aspiring to be certified by American Petroleum Institute will undergo a rigorous programme to get them well versed with the various code books and standards, including API Standards that cover inspection, repair, alteration and rerating of in-service piping systems.
Who must attend:
Applicable to all personnel working in the oil, gas and petrochemical industry, and who are involved in the design, procurement, engineering construction, operation, maintenance and inspection of in-service piping systems and related facilities.
- Overview: API-570, Piping System Inspection, Repair, Alteration and Rerating
- Scope and General Information
- Deterioration and Failure Modes
- Inspection Methods
- Case Studies in Piping System Failures
- Periodic Inspection Requirements
- Inspection, Repair, Alteration and Reconstruction
- Welding Metallurgy: Corrosion Mechanisms
- Guide for Inspection of Refinery Equipment, API-571 & 574
- ASME Section V
- Overview: ASME Section IX
- Report Writing
Education and Professional Qualifications
- M Sc. Materials and Corrosion Engineering – Imperial College , University of London.
- Diploma of the Imperial College (Engineering) – Imperial College , University of London.
- Certificate of Pedagogic Training (Science of Teaching) – Institute of Education , Singapore.
- Fracture Mechanic of Materials (M Sc. course) – National University of Singapore.
- Corrosion Specialist – Examination by NACE, United States of America.
- Senior Welding Inspector – Examination by CSWIP. The Welding Institute, UK.
- Radiographic Film Interpretation – Examination by PCN , UK.
- API 510 Pressure Vessels, 570 Piping and 653 Storage Tanks Inspection – Examination by API.
Training and Development
- Project Management – National University of Singapore.
- Leaderships and Supervisory Training Course – Shell Learning Zone.
- Manage-Self Program – Shell Learning Zone.
- Quality Management System (lead assessor for ISO 9000) – Neville Clarke.
- Internal Auditing System (ISO 9000s QMS and 14001 EMS ) – EQS Solutions.
- Fitness-for-service for petrochemicals pressure vessels and piping system (API 579 Level 1 and 2 assessment) – Shell Global Solution.
- Safety in Process Design – Shell Global Solution.
- Ultrasonic Practical Weld Examination – The Welding Institute, England .
Skills and Competencies
- Well verse in materials and corrosion engineering, corrosion controls and mitigations, welding and metallurgy, applications of various NDE methods.
- Extensive experiences in petrochemicals and refinery plants inspections, corrosion and failure investigations and degradation mechanisms analysis and preventions.
- Having vast knowledge in applications of codes and standards (API, ASME, NACE, BS, Shell) for designs, constructions and inspection purposes.
- Developed and implemented risk-based inspection (RBI) strategies for petrochemical and process plants, with hands-on experiences in Shell-Risk Based Inspection (S-RBI) planning programs.
- Conducted many training and examination courses on corrosion mechanisms and controls, materials and welding metallurgy, chemicals and process plant inspections and API Inspection Codes – 510, 570 and 653.
- Managing peoples and leadership skills – uses participative approach, able to work with different group of people toward a shared vision and organisational objectives.
Banco de Oro (BDO)
Account Name: AGUILA GROUP COMPANIES (AGC) DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
Account Number: (Dollar) 10222 009 7273
Account Number: (Peso) 00 222 800 0844
Bank Address: East Mansion Townhouse, Elisco Road, Sto Rosario, Pateros
Swift Code: BNORPHMM